Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Warp Coil Overload

Or something, i don't really watch Star Trek.

Anyway i haven't updated this in a while, but i think i have genuine medical reasons! I think. CRT monitors emit copious amounts of potentially harmful electromagnetic radiation, from which the user is shielded to the front by the design of the monitors. However, there is no shielding to the back and sides.

And i am sitting about a foot away from the back Rohan's 21" Iiyama CRT. No wonder i have felt lacklustre and unmotivated! (Well, it's part way to an explanation). We are packed so tight in here that not only have i been constantly irradiated for the last few weeks but the air around my desk has been noticeably warmer than elsewhere in the office. Either that or my noodle is being slowly stir fried.

I have a two part solution:
1) Install a fan. This I have done and it is keeping me cool but is only a temporary solution as my brain is still being melted
2) Move me or Rohan. This is a better solution but also sad as Roh and i get on well. But Hallelujah Salvation and Glory it shall come to pass, as Roh has graciously agreed to move once another artist leaves, which works well for him as he is at quite a crappy desk and moving would bring him closer to the other artists.

So, the moral is: CRTs MELT YOUR BRAIN.

This isn't science fiction people, it's Science Fact.

3 Comments:

Blogger cokeandcoffee said...

I'd be more worried about what it's doing to your little fella.

3:49 PM  
Blogger cliff said...

lionhead are loaded. they can buy him an LCD.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Sookraj said...

"I'd be more worried about what it's doing to your little fella."

You mean Stephen?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home