Monday, February 20, 2006

Update At Last

Ok so i didn't write anything on here for a while, largely due to a) total lack of inspiration and b) a decided lack of motivation at work. Slightly dangerous for me to write, perhaps, especially if someone from work happens to read this.

Anyway it has all be resolved in one way or another. I am at a slightly loose end at work now, and decided that today would be a good time to install some new development tools and some developer kits for Xbox 360 and the like.

Cue copious "I'm sorry, software X cannot be installed due to spurious reason X, please fix it and start again". The thing that really got to me was that the software i was installing knew exactly what the problem was... so why couldn't it fix it itself? That and Microsoft's seemingly bottomless desire to have a different installer for every revision of their software, so that you are perpetually confused as to which one is correct. Bonkers.

However, i am happy sitting about, safe in the knowledge that my computer is doing something vaguely worthwhile and not requiring my intervention. And then i feel comforted by the fact that it's ok for me to cancel the install process half way through to play Battlefield 2 at lunch time, as no-one is particularly concerned by my productivity at the moment.

Yes, i am in limbo. But it is a happy void filled with cups of tea, reading interesting articles and deleting spam mail with such titles as "The safe way to drown your girlfriend in semen!". Quite apart from the fact that i cannot think of a safe way to drown anyone, i am not sure why this is supposed to be an attractive proposition at all. Even if it will make my "ejaculation remind me of a bubbling fountain".

1 Comments:

Blogger cliff said...

stop bubbling semen and get back to work.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home